Sales Representative (IL, MO, NE)
Building Bonds That Last
• CHICAGO, IL
• KANSAS CITY, MO
Capital Adhesives, Mooresville, IN based, ISO Certified manufacturer of adhesives products, has been supplying liquid and hot melt adhesives for industries across the United States and beyond for over 29 years. Our goal is to partner with our customers to bring innovation and optimization to their process. We are committed to providing adhesive products that meet and exceed product performance requirements with the intent to be a resource for our customer, not just a supplier of material; thus our tag-line: Building Bonds that Last.
Folding Carton, Bookbinding, Food Packaging, Bottle Labeling, Envelope Industry, POP & Display, Pharmaceutical, Corrugate, Tissue and Towel, Lamination, and more…
We are hiring for one position to cover the Chicagoland, northern Illinois, Kansas City, MO and Nebraska territories. Candidates must reside in the Chicagoland or nearby area.
• Collaboration from industry leaders and mentors with the focus of making a positive difference in people’s lives
• Compensation package includes a comprehensive benefits package, 401K, competitive base salary and commission plan.
• Company Car, Laptop, Cell Phone, Travel Expenses
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Sales Representative position is an outside sales opportunity. Focus will be on understanding total market opportunity, identifying potential clients, developing relationships, driving the sales process, maintain current business and closing new business. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and the demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team. We are looking for characteristics that include a competitive drive, initiative, resourcefulness, a collaborative team player approach and a learner’s mentality. A proven sales track record of success is desired.
• Develop, maintain and expand sales territories
• Consult with and advise customers based on industry experience
• Communicate with all internal support staff and keep them informed of any and all market development
• Follows up on sales leads generated through various avenues
• Communicate with customers regularly to gather information on current supply and potential needs
• Applies technical knowledge of company products and services to best meet customer’s needs
• Negotiates pricing in a professional manner
• Develops and manages relationships with OEM’s, interact with distributors and manufactures reps
• Tracks and follows up on samples, quotes and lab requests
• Prepares and submits appropriate paperwork and notes in the company data system as sales history and activity
• Attends tradeshows and sales functions as needed
• Understands and supports company sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective service to all customers, and foster the development of long term business relationships
• Assists and resolves customer complaints in a timely manner, notifies management of problems and suggests corrective action
• Collects and reports competitive information to management
• 20+% travel
• Minimum 2+ years related experience and or training
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience in sales or operations
• Sales, operations, or manufacturing experience preferred
• The skill to meet with customers and identify needs and potential sales opportunities
• Efficient use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and internet software
• Valid Driver’s License
This position is open to all self-motivated professionals. Training will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time