Pennsylvania and Northeast States (WV, Upstate NY, VT, NH, MA, ME)
For over 36 years, Capital Adhesives, a Mooresville, IN-based manufacturer of adhesive products that is ISO certified, has been supplying liquid and hot melt adhesives to industries across the United States and beyond. Our objective is to collaborate with our customers to introduce innovation and optimization into their processes. We are dedicated to delivering adhesive products that not only meet but exceed product performance expectations, with the aim of being a valuable resource to our customers rather than just a material supplier. This is why our tagline is “Building Bonds that Last.”
Folding Carton, Bookbinding, Food Packaging, Bottle Labeling, Envelope Industry, POP & Display, Pharmaceutical, Corrugate, Tissue and Towel, Lamination, and more…
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Outside Sales Representative. The ideal candidate will be based in Pennsylvania, with responsibilities covering the local markets as well as the surrounding northeast region, including West Virginia, Upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine.
At this job, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with industry leaders and mentors who are committed to making a positive impact on people’s lives. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a 401K plan, competitive base salary, and commission plan, along with a range of benefits.
We’ll provide you with a laptop, cell phone, and company travel expense reimbursements. We believe in investing in our employees and providing the resources they need to excel in their role.
About the Position:
The Sales Representative position is an outside sales opportunity, working remotely. The focus will be on understanding the total market opportunity, identifying potential clients, developing relationships, driving the sales process, maintaining current business, and closing new business. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and the demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team. We are looking for characteristics that include a competitive drive, initiative, resourcefulness, a collaborative team player approach, and a learner’s mentality. A proven sales track record of success is desired.
- Develop, maintain, and expand sales territories
- Consult with and advise customers based on industry experience
- Communicate with all internal support staff and keep them informed of any and all market development
- Follows up on sales leads generated through various avenues
- Communicate with customers regularly to gather information on current supply and potential needs
- Applies technical knowledge of company products and services to best meet customer’s needs
- Negotiates pricing in a professional manner
- Develops and manages relationships with OEMs, interact with distributors and manufacturer reps
- Tracks and follows up on samples, quotes, and lab requests
- Prepares and submits appropriate paperwork and notes in the company data system as a record of sales history and activity.
- Attends trade shows and sales functions as needed.
- Understands and supports company sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective service to all customers and foster the development of long-term business relationships.
- Assists and resolves customer complaints in a timely manner, notifies management of problems, and suggests corrective action.
- Collects and reports competitive information to management.
- 30-40+% travel.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will possess at least 2+ years of related experience and or training.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience in sales or operations.
- Sales, marketing, operations, or manufacturing experience preferred.
- The skill to meet with customers and identify needs and potential sales opportunities.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several quotes/projects.
- Self-motivated, manage time well, and committed to their individual and team’s success.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Internet software.
- Valid Driver’s License
This position is open to all self-motivated professionals. Training will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road